Tuesday, December 30, 2008
We are going to the doctor at 4 and will let you know what we find out then.
In other news this was a huge blessing in decise as today we walk in there thinking that we only have to pay one amount and where told that it was going to be almost 2000 dollars. Wow! But now that it wont be until after the 1st we will be on a new health insurance plan and it will only be 200 dollars. I am so greatful for a loveing watchful Heavenly Father.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
We hope everyone had a wonderful family and friends filled day.. I know we have been very blessed to have such great family and friends that surround us. We honestly don't know what we would do without them.
* Brody update.... We have been actually scheduled a time at Dell's Children's Hospital. Here in Austin for the Biopsy we knew it was going to be on Tuesday but didn't know when. It will be at 2 in the afternoon and we will be staying the night there as they have to put him to sleep to do it. We are hopeing that we will all be home Wednesday afternoon if there is no complications. Then we will be doing pretty much nothing. As he is not aloud to move or do anything more then go to the bathroom for the next 10 days. As if the kidney is moved to much after the biopsy it could start bleeding. And we don't want that. Thank you so much for all your prayers and offers to watch children. We really apprecitate it.
Have a happy and safe Holiday Season ...
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Thank you so much for all your prayers and help watching of our other little ones so that both Robert and I could be at these appointments.
Monday, December 22, 2008
- I got a new church calling.... I am really nervous about this one. I have been asked to teach one week out of the month in R.S.
- Riley is out of school for the rest of the year!!! WOW she has some energy.
-Hyde is finally getting over the pneumonia he has had for the last month. I am very grateful for antibiotics. And chest X-rays.
- We have decorated the Christmas tree and have almost all the presents wrapped and under it.
( this is a big one as we didn't start shopping this year for anything until the 20th wow crazy I know)
Now for the bad news....
-Brody Thurday night the 18th we had just gotten home from taking Hyde to the doctor as he had spiked a fever and was coughing still and so we had been at the dr from 3 tell 6 and on our way home stopped for dinner and we were eatting at home as Robert had just gotten home from Waco for work. Brody got down from the table after only eatting about half of what he normally does and said he didnt feel so good. He laid down for about 2 mins then got up and ran to the bathroom and about threw up. Then went to the bathroom and there was blood in his urine.
We called the dr and ended up going in the morning and was there from 9am tell 6pm. Long day in and out of the hospital, lab and radiology place. We came home that night with no answers other then that he didnt have a UTI or tumors on the kidneys or kidneystones. Our pediatrition did take home a sample of his urine to his lovely kind pediatric uroligist of a wife to look at. And called us with the information that it hadnt gotten so bad the his kindneys were putting out clits or clumps of red blood cells. But we had to wait until today for more test results. So this morning some tests came back looking good but others just didnt make since. So after many calls to the specialist in Austin, from both us and our dr. we are going in tomorrow for more tests.
Please if you can pray for these dr's to find out what is going on with our little boy. The next step we have been told is to have a kidney biopsy.
We are very greatful for out wonderful pediatrition. Dr. Grady we love you and thank you for all the extra time and energy you and your wife have put in to helping us.
Thank you to our wonderful friends and family who have prayed and fasted for us.
Thank you for our wonderful kind friends who dropped everything on Friday to watch our two other kids so we could be fully there to help and listen to everything we needed to.
Thank you to our Awesome Friends who came over last night with dinner and games to help the time go faster.
We love and appreciate all the wonderful things you all have done for us. We have already been blessed.
We will keep everyone updated on what is going on when we find out more.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
A friend of mine was over here about a month ago and was nice enough to bring over some fabric she wasn't going to use. So the other day I was going through it all and found this great green poka dot. I just had to put it on my floor and wall and take some pictures of my kids. I was going to do them outside but the weather here has been crazy!!! But hopefully we will be able to get out there sooner then later and get some good shots of them all.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your family and friends.
Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy and paste into a new post and then tell anyone and everyone you want to do this that they have been tagged.. Change all the answers so that they apply to you....Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial , although I really LOVE the smell of a real one!
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving, But it all depends on when Robert helps me get it down. I personally think the longer it is up makes it actually worth the time it took you to put it up in the first place.
4. When do you take the tree down? Not until after New Years
5. Do you like eggnog? I don't like the stuff from the stores but I love the stuff my mom makes as it really is just and allspice, nutmeg milkshake.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My hope chest
7. Hardest person to buy for? Robert my hubby
8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? This year I don't know most years in the mail they go
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Clothes I don't know from who but I am sorry if you are going to get a women clothes or shoes just get her a gift card.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Polar Express
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Mid summer I start looking for small things, But most of the shopping is done after Thanksgiving
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I think Hickory Farms makes them and they only come out at the holidays they are pastel colored kisses that are mint oh love them.
16. Lights on the tree? White keep it simple
17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night also love when I can sing to the kids when they are not being so good the Santa Claus song with you better watch out, you better not cry.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Most of the time we stay at home, but are thinking of trying and seeing family this year.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Christmas decorations before Halloween in the stores.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? no theme unless alittle bit of everything and everyone is a theme. We let the kids pick out a new ornament each year and put it on the tree. My mom and dad did this with me and when I got married I wasnt left with a naked tree our first year or having to run and get all new ones. It also helps get our family talking as the kids ask where is this from or who made this? Its alot of fun.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham and cheesy potatoes. YUMMY
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Oh man! this is hard as I know and truly want my family to be happy and enjoy each other. But deep down I really want a nice camera I know I am terrible.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Lots of people
27. Who is least likely to respond to this? Lots of people
I tag Laurie, Michelle, Charity, Amber and anyone else that wants to do this.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait tell tomorrow
Cause babies grow up we have learned with our sorrow
So Quite down cobwebs, Dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my babies and babies don't keep..
But on busy days when I'll I see is the dirt on the floors or the dishes piled high in the sink. And all my little one want is my lap this little poem come quickly to my head. So next time you are having to choose between vacumeing the floors or holding that baby remember this. Because I don't know about you just as soon as the vacume turns off the carpet is going to get dirty again. But if you pick that baby up that moment will forever be in yours and their heart.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
There expenses are going to be great and that is the last thing they need to be thinking about now. So I am adding a button to my blog. If you know them go here.http://5flakes.blogspot.com/ and grab one and put it on your blog. If you just want to help then click on it and do what ever you can.
p.s. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
This first one is for you Charity. I hope you are having lot of fun hugging a snuggling with that cute new baby of yours.
8 Things I’m passionate about:
-Photography (but I need more classes and a better camera saving my pennies)
-Trying to be a good mom and wife
-Shoes even most of the times I am only seen wearing flip flops
-Having a garden
8 Things I want to do before I die:
- See my children Happy doing whatever there dreams are
- Go and see an event in person at the olympics
- See as many of the worlds temples as I can
- Go back to school
- Have my house decorated
- Travel the World Europe, China, New Zealand, Argentina
- Go on a mission with Robert
- BE on the price is right
8 Things I do now:
- Grocery Shopping
- Clean Bathrooms
- Play with kids
- Pay Bills
- Mountains of Laundry
- Make cookies
- Paint my toes
Things I can not do:
- Clean the tub that is Robert's job around here
- make friends
- lose weight
- fix a car
- let things go
- not make my bed everyday no really if I don't I feel like my day is gone all wrong
weird I know.
8 Things I often say:
-" Freak in A"
- " There it is."
- " do you have to go potty?''
- '' That's not nice"
- '' Say your sorry"
- '' Really?"
8 Favorite foods:
- Bean Burritos from taco bell no red sauce please
- southwest chicken salad from jack in the box
- Quesidillas sp
- Good BBQ
- carna asada
- sweet potato fries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
8 Things you may not have know about me:
- When I concentrate I stick my tongue out
- I hate having a dirty car
- same a Charity I can not kiss anyone even my kiddos in the morning until we have brushed our teeth
- I went to but never finished cosmetology school
- I can't go to bed with dishes in my sink
- I love making bread and being able to work it with my hands
- I have a hard time feeling content with what I have but I'm working on it
- I sometimes think I jumped into things to fast
Ok people we are half way there.. This one is from Regan.
8 favorite TV SHOWS
1. The Office
2. Grey's Anatomy
3. Biggest Loser
4. Food Network
6. The Amazing Race
7. Sid the science kid so cool if you haven't seen it check it out my kids love it
8. The Soup
8 favorite RESTAURANTS
1. LULU's Tacos in AZ
2. PF Chan's
3. TGI Friday's
5. Revas in AZ
6. I cant remember the name but it is in Boston and makes yummy chowder
8 books you'd RECOMMEND
2. Rich Dad Pour Dad
3. 15 things LDS parents do wrong and how to avoid them
4. 365 tv free things to do with your preschooler
6. Love you for always
7. Most of John Grishams Books
8.oh the last one is so hard so many to choose from Little Women
8 things that happened YESTERDAY
1. Talked to my mom before and after she had eye surgery
2. Watched and played with Rhe- Annes kiddos
3. Made dinner for the missionaries
4. Watched Riley sing in her first school program it was so cute
5. Went to HEB for bread
6. Went on walk
7. Did Laundry
8. my face totally broke out it hates me
8 things to LOOK FORWARD TO
In no particular order...
2. Hyde going to Nursery ( only 9 more sundays)
3. Being able to build our dream home
4. Going to school
5. More kiddos someday but not soon
6. The weekend
7. A Vacation really any kind of one would be great
8. A hot bath
8 things on MY WISH LIST
1. A new car
5. a new stroller see earlier post
6. a vacation see above
7. enough money so I can help whoever when ever they need it
8. a personal trainer that comes to my house and kicks my butt
8 things I LOVE ABOUT FALL
1. The leafs
3. Having my windows open
6. Yummy foods
8. OH Almost didnt do this one but I finally thought of something it is a drink my family makes for thanksgiving with apricot and peach juice mixed with sprite. Yummy
8 people I TAG
So there you have it. I hope you had fun I know I did but man now you should know every thing about me.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Barack Obama is now the president of the USA. We will honor and respect him as our president. We will hope and pray for his safety and that he will be able to make wise decisions.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
So here they are Riley a cat. Brody a monkey but if you asked him it was boots the monkey..
And Hyde was a mouse so the cat would have something to chase..
We had alot of fun tonight. We hung out and ate yummy food at our friends house then trick-or- treated until our bags where over flowing.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
I tag Annie, Michelle, Ranee, Emily and anyone else that wants to or one of you people that reads my blog but doesn't tell me you read it or leave a comment. I still love you all. So just tell me who you are. I'll even go check your blog out. So leave some love it might just make my day.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
3. Laundry room
5. Spouse and Kids6. Favorite Shoes7. Favorite Room
8.Vacation.. I wish just for one day to be able to sleep until I want to get up and then lay lazy in bed all day reading a great book.
9. Closet (sorry not a great pic and it was laundry day)
10. Self Portrait ( In all my glory no make up and all)
So this tag it to not clean or do anything to these places in your home before you take the pictures. We want the real thing. So I tag Ranee, Michelle, my sisters and mom if they were not bums and didnt have blogs and anyone else that wants to show us alittle about you. GOOD LUCK!!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
So I am so behind....
Saturday we went up to Elgin to the Pumpkin Patch with some friends and there kiddos.
It was hot sunny as we were all worried that is would rain on us but the clouds held out until Monday. The kids loved it . They got to see some animals and go on a hayride. And even go on a little train. We tried to take some pictures but No one was being very cooperative so this the best I have. But hey doesn't she just look like a natural on the horse Laura?
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
Please give me any and all suggestions or comments. Thank you thanks you and please tell your friends.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
So here you go a trip down memory lane.
Opening wedding presents wow we look tired.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
From yesterday (Wednesday) there are 100 days till Christmas...
The challenge: For the next 100 days leading up to Christmas you have to give 100% of yourself to the gospel. It's a lot, I know, but it is already things we should be doing. I think it is a great idea to remind us what is really important in our lives. So here is the list of requirements:
Individual and family prayer
Individual and family scripture study
Acts of love and compassion to spouse (roommates or family)
Date with spouse (or girl's night out...for my sassy single friends :)
Family home evening
Sabbath observance at ward of record
Magnify your calling
Fast and payment of tithes and offerings
Home and Visiting Teaching
So, are you up for the challenge?
Friday- wake up and get everyone out the door to there school and work. Then drop the boys off to play at Rhe-Anne's house. Then I am off to help in Riley's class room. So while I am there I work in the schools work room and hear other mother's and father's talking about the Hurricane and how they are getting ready for it. And Heck people I am from Arizona where nothing ever happens weather wise so as soon as I am done at school I run to the store to stock up on some of the things they were telling me to get..
Friday night - we watch the news and wait ..... and wait... and wait and then finally go to bed.
Saturday morning we wake up to a beautiful morning go to the church for our wards preparedness fair and primary program practice. wow was that enough P's there for yah. And that was really great. Come home and we get to hang out with some old friends that are in town Yippee! That night we were in our room getting ready to go out and Robert walked into the hope chest with his toes OUCH!!!
Sunday morning we are getting up and ready for church and Robert says my foot is really hurting so I go do you want to go to doctor no he says. So off to church we go in all our glory my unwashed hair and Robert in he one shoe and one sock with a flip flop. Riley was so excited to do her part in the program but when the time came she didn't want anything to do with it AHH. She Cried all the way to the front of the church and then as she is one of the first to say her part she whines it and then runs down crying to me. So after much talking and bribing yes with a piece of gum she makes her way back up there and sings with the rest of the kids. Then as we are playing popcorn in our seats with the boys in and out of church Robert and I meet in the hall and he goes my foot really hurts I go OK what would you like me to do about it? Yeah I know real loving I know. So after sacrament meeting we get all the kids and at this point the daughter who didn't want to stay in the first place can't leave or it might just kill her so we are now trying to find her a ride home as we have no idea how long it will take we do and head to the hospital.(wow sorry for the grammar never was good at that).
So at the hospital so glad I always keep the umbrella stroller in the back of the van. And then we get to wait and wait and wait and after an 1 1/2 hours which I hear really isn't that bad we limp out of there with what are just sprained toes and head home still not seeing anything from the hurricane.
Monday was a beautiful day just wonderful we went for a walk played with friends filled orders for people(made a lemon pound cake and 64 chocolate chip walnut cookies) Everyone was happy.
Tuesday we wake up to Hyde not breathing right he was laboring so hard to get a good breath so after being put on the run around on the phone I just take him in to the doctor and that is where we find out that now 3 out of 3 kiddos in our house have Asthma. So after spending all morning there and fighting to not be sent to the hospital (love you nurses but really don't want to see you again for awhile) finally get to come home in time to get Riley off the school bus.
And now for the past few days it has been scheduled breathing treatments around the clock. Wow so I think its Thursday and I really haven't done anything this week. So my goals for the day are to try and attack the mountain of ever growing laundry before I have to send my husband and daughter to school and work in there nothings. And do a couple of loads of dishes yes people I said a couple. AND my number one goal is to SHOWER and take a nap when the boys go down. Wish me luck.
How is your week going???